NRG Residential Solar TCPA Settlement
- Claim filing process can be completed online
- Frequently Asked Questions are provided
- Administrator can be contracted for help
It always a good idea to gain consent from consumers BEFORE using a prerecorded and/or auto-dialed call to sell products. When a company is thought not to have done so, the recipe for a Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA) related class action lawsuit begins to form. An example of such a lawsuit can be found in the case called Dobkin v. NRG Residential Solar Solutions LLC, which has recently come to an agreed upon settlement valued at a whopping $7,000,000. The suit was filed over allegations that the Defendant violated the TCPA by using prerecorded and/or auto-dialed calls to sell or lease its residential solar panel systems. It is important to point out that the Defendant has raised defenses and denies the allegations made by the Plaintiffs in the lawsuit. However, a final showdown in court does not appear to be on the horizon at the moment due to the previously mention pending settlement. Class Members who want to get started with a claim can do so by going to the NRG Residential Solar TCPA Settlement page and clicking the File Claim tab found at the top right hand corner.
Anything else I need to know before I answer the “call” to file a claim?
- The deadline by which claim forms must be submitted is February 20th, 2018
- February 20th, 2018 is also the deadline for objections and exclusion requests
- The Settlement Class is thought to include around 317k people (per the court)
- If no action is taken nothing will be received and the rights to sue will be lost
- Class Members can request to speak at the May 1st, 2018 hearing (opine away!)
The Frequently Asked Questions link posted at the top of the NRG Residential Solar TCPA Settlement page can be used by those looking to get to the bottom of questions they may have regarding the lawsuit (nothing like the joy of self-help). Class Members who want to get out of the settlement must mail a request to be excluded directly to the Settlement Administrator prior to the deadline (only way to retain the rights to sue). Questions that are not solved by the FAQs can be addressed by calling the Settlement Administrator at 866-652-8179.
Address for Exclusion Requests
- PO Box 404043, Louisville, KY 40233-4043