Ann Pricing Settlement
- Claims can be filed online or through the mail
- Frequently Asked Questions list is provided
- Settlement Administrator can be contacted
When it comes to being paid out on a class action settlement it’s always nice to have options. Those qualify as eligible Class Members of the lawsuit known as Morrow v. ANN Inc. will have the option to file a claim for a cash payment of $5 or a greater valued $12 voucher good at Ann Taylor Factory or LOFT Outlet stores (tough decision but an old adage says CASH IS KING!). The case was file over allegations that the Defendant misled its outlet store customers by indicating products were once sold in its retail stores when they were actually made exclusively for sale in the outlets. The suit goes on to allege that by taking such actions the Defendant violated a number of consumer protection and false advertising laws. It is well worth noting that the Defendant denies all the allegations brought forth in the lawsuit. At any rate, who is right and who is wrong appears to be a moot point as the suit has come to a pending settlement to avoid the costs and burden of an actual trial. Those who believe they are eligible for compensation can get started with an online claim by going to the Ann Pricing Settlement page and clicking the File Claim tab.
Roger that. Anything else I need to know?
- The products must have been purchased between May 5th, 2012 and May 4th, 2016
- The deadline by which all settlement claim forms must be submitted is May 19th, 2018
- March 6th, 2018 is the date by which exclusion requests and objections must be filed
- The Final Approval Hearing is currently scheduled to take place on April 19th, 2018
- The Settlement Fund from which claims will be paid is valued at a hefty $6,100,000
Class Members with questions about the settlement can try finding the answers they crave within the Frequently Asked Questions section of the Ann Pricing Settlement page. Those who plan to opt out (request exclusion) of the settlement or file by mail will need to make sure correspondence is post-marked NO LATER THAN the applicable deadlines and submitted directly to the Settlement Administrator. The Settlement Administrator is also a good resource for those who don’t get what they need out of the FAQs (or for those who just don’t feel up to going through all the different questions and answers).
Settlement Administrator Contact Information
- PO Box 404045, Louisville, KY 40233-4045